disclaimer and privacy statement
The material on this web site is for general informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for legal advice and does not create a solicitor-client relationship.
As far as is permitted by law, Chris van der Lee & Associates excludes all liability to third parties arising directly or indirectly out of their use of or reliance on materials contained in this web site. Where liability cannot be excluded, the liability of Chris van der Lee & Associates will be limited to the re-supply of the information or the reasonable costs of doing so.
Chris van der Lee & Associates owns the copyright in all works contained in this web site. You may only use the works for private or non-commercial purposes unless you have our prior written approval.
Where we have supplied links to outside web sites for the convenience of visitors to our web site, Chris van der Lee & Associates does not guarantee the accuracy of the information on those web sites.
This Statement describes the way that Chris van der Lee & Associates collects, holds and discloses information about individuals and information received in connection with a client matter ("Data"). Please read the following carefully to understand our use of Data. We may vary this statement from time to time. By continuing to use this website ("Site") after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Protecting confidential information is fundamental to our relationship with our clients and to our business. All Data received is subject to strict duties of confidentiality. We will not disclose that Data except in accordance with our professional obligations, as authorised by the client or as contemplated by this statement.
Separate guidelines also apply to information held in relation to our own employees. What kinds of information do we hold?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information. We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- name, address, occupation professional membership and contact information
- the time and date of your visit
- a copy of your photgraphic identity
- a copy of a recent utility bill
- a copy of your Birth and/or Marriage Certificate
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- interests in areas of legal practice or events
- information about people's dealings with us or our clients.
If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you or our clients.
When you access our Site, your computer's browser will provide us with various types of information such as your referring URL, your IP address, the access time and your browser type. This information is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our Site. This information may be used to help us to improve our Site and the types and standard of the services that we offer to our clients.
The Site does not use web beacons or cookies, apart from temporary "session" cookies which enable a visitor's web browser to remember which pages on the Site have already been visited. .
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including:
- to provide our services to you or our clients, to manage and account for the services, and to improve the services
- to manage our relationships with you or our clients
- to provide you or our clients with information about legal developments, events or other products or services that may interest you or them
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including to fulfil our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- subject to our professional obligations, to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of legal services, such as to the client, regulatory authorities, or other partners or advisors.
- within Chris van der Lee & Associates
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, for example photocopy and archive services providers and financial institutions
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations
- with your consent.
- to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your Data. If you wish to stop the use of your Data for those purposes at any time please contact us (see "Contact Us" details elsewhere on the Site).
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Chris van der Lee & Associates, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All partners and staff with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and it may involve the transfer of Data to countries located outside of the European Economic Area. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Links to other Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and statements for which we do not and cannot accept any responsibility or liability. Please check those policies and statements before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Access and correction
You may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request.